today I have a very cool interview from Skate 3 !THE BEST!™ online skate team. The discussion is about what would be nice features in a possible skate 4 title.
A lot of people write that they want BMX or Snowboard included. But in my opinion it should be only, and 120% a skateboarding game without any other shit in it. Each more category like BMX, Snowboard, Surfing, whatever EA will put in the game, it makes the quality bad as hell. Yeah A BMX game would be also cool but when, then as standalone game. But all in one sucks. In my eyes EA should make a upcoming skate title as real as possible. I don´t want jump up in the sky, I want realness as much as possible in the game. On the first page of this blog you can read a lot of cool ideas for a new skateboarding game title from EA. Like boardbreaking (bonebreaking), blood, possibility to add own music to the playlist or sponsors like skullcandy and much more sick ideas.
Alfonso Charles Bo had cool Skate 4 ideas:
1. maybe when you flick the stick to do the trick you have to hold it and watch it come around and then either have a catch button or let go of the stick or something like that. and depending on how good of a catch it was you could land sketchy or clean.
2. skating tranny sucks on the first 3 skates, you can only really do airs lip tricks arent good. they wouldnt even have to change it completely maybe just make a miniramp mode where everythings different and you could skate it like real life. an example is to do a rock to fakie you could roll up pull alil back on one of the sticks to lean back and push forward to make it tap the coping then back to come back in then forward to get your front wheels back on the ground
3. switch the sticks around when your riding switch so its harder and really is switch
4. add ways to style tricks like in the other games you cant do a bs flip by landing 90 and reverting quickly all sexy how pros do it, or if they did my first idea you could flick it in a way that tweaks it and catch it boned
RyeDog ideas about possible Skate 4 features:
1) the ability to spawn a motorcycle to tow you in to spots that need a sudden burst of speed
2) multiple regen/spawn point capabilities
3) better board/clothing/team graphic designer integrated into the game (the website designer and upload procedure is terrible)
4) some gnarly real-world skate spots
5) continued excellent use of realistic physics (set on hard)
What you dudes think about it?